JP Tickets

Friday, April 9, 2010

For FIFA's World Cup 2010 Ticket Lottery, what are the chances of me getting or not getting tickets?

Like is the lottery more of a formality or is there a high chance that I won't get tickets. If it makes a difference I would be trying to follow the US with two tickets to each of there group stage games and I am from the US. Thanks

thanks for the answer man, someone having personal experience helps




Answer 1 :
2006 so happened to coincide with my high school graduation. I was able to get a trip to Germany as a graduation present. I figured being American the best chance I had of getting tickets to decent games was through the lottery so I put my name in for a couple tickets for a quarter final match, a couple of tickets for a semifinal, and a couple for the finals. I wasn't expecting to get my name called up for any of the matches, just enjoying the time in Germany with everyone celebrating hosting the world cup, and some great bear garden crowds or something, i did stay till the end. However my number was called for the quarter final match. I got 2 tickets to go see, arguably the game of the tournament, the quarter final between Germany and Argentina that went into penalty kicks and a little brawl afterwards.

It was worth the price of admission. I don't know about odds, or of your chances but if you want to go to South Africa then it wouldn't hurt to put your name in the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DE Tickets

ES Tickets

BR Tickets

IT Tickets

ASIA Tickets

EU Tickets

AU Tickets